By using this website, you consent to VS collecting anonymised information about your use of this website in accordance with the terms set out in this policy. You also consent to VS using this analytical data for strategic and web development purposes in accordance with the terms set out in this policy.
What Information does VS Collect?
In order to provide you with information about our products and services, or to reply to inbound enquiries, VS collects Personal Identifiable Information (PII) about you and professional information about your company. We collect PII from web form submissions, telephone conversations, emails and postal communications. For example, VS might keep a record of your name, work address (and associated delivery addresses), work email address and telephone number/s in order to conduct business that is instigated by you – the individual.
In an attempt to be as transparent as feasibly possible without giving away information relating to our intellectual property, we would like to inform visitors that we use ‘Fixed IP tracking’ technology in order to know which companies visit our website and the pages those companies view. This data is not PII and therefore not subject to data protection legislation.
In terms of recruitment, VS collects and stores PII from relevant enquiries made through this website, inbound emails (e.g. job inquiries), postal communications (e.g. job applications), telephone conversations and via third parties (e.g. external recruitment agents or recruitment website providers) but does not process this information for any marketing, sales, CRM or other business purposes.
How does VideoSmart Group use your information?
All information submitted by visitors to this website (i.e. via the ‘Contact Us’ web form available on all pages of this site) is strictly confidential and every effort has been made to ensure it is kept secure in transit. By submitting an enquiry via this web form, you consent to a VS representative contacting you by telephone, email, SMS or Internet messaging, social media (e.g. LinkedIn) or post.
VS will only use your PII for:
- Marketing our products and services to you and your organisation
- Providing you and your organisation with information about our products and services (e.g. key features and/or commercials disclosed through sales conversations)
- Providing VS’s products and services to you and your organisation (e.g. through account management and/or web services)
- Providing you and your organisation with general or business critical information (e.g. in the event that the products or services you have requested are temporarily unavailable)
- Providing you and your organisation with information about VS as a reputable business (e.g. sharing company updates, case studies and event invitations with you)
- Providing you and your organisation with information about the marketplace (e.g. sharing industry insights, blog articles, links to third party news articles, research papers and white papers with you)
- Improving the information provided on the VS website, its navigation and functionality
- Conducting client surveys and market research
- Improving the quality of our products and services
- Providing information to credit reference agencies
- Recovering debt and helping us to prevent fraud
- Notifying the relevant authorities of any unsolicited communications in breach of the legislation (e.g. spam or phishing emails)
- Record keeping and maintaining statutory and regulatory compliance
- Recruitment and HR purposes
- Investigating any misuse of our products, services, website or Intellectual Property (IP)
Only with your consent, VS may create a professional profile of your job role and/or your organisation so that we can refine and target our products and services where they are of a legitimate interest to you and your organisation.
VS will not sell or share your PII to third parties for third party use.
You may withdraw your consent to future processing of your PII for some of the aforementioned purposes by contacting us (see section "How to contact us" below).
You can also use our ‘Contact Us’ web form to submit a Subject Access Request, as is your statutory right under GDPR.
If VS processes your PII under a statutory condition and you withdraw consent, this may not necessarily mean that VS will cease to process your PII as we may still have a legal basis or statutory duty to do so (e.g. to recover an unpaid debt or to keep you informed about business critical information).
VS operates an organisation-wide data protection and IT security policies under our ISO 27001 certification to protect our customer database from theft, loss or misuse. ISO 27001 is the international best practice standard for information security. The ISO 27001 standard is broad-based and encompasses the three essential aspects of a comprehensive information security regime: people, processes and technology. In-line with these principles, we only allow internal access to data when absolutely necessary and under strict usage guidelines.
VS’s website may contain links to other third party websites. VS is only responsible for the privacy practices on this website and recommends you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website you visit.
What to do if you no longer want to receive marketing information
We respect your right to stop marketing communications being sent direct to you at any time. If you prefer not to receive such information, you can opt out of receiving further marketing communications by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe text link in VS’s marketing emails and following the online instructions to change your preference settings or complete your full opt out
- Writing to Marketing Manager, VideoSmart Limited, MBA House, Garman Road, London N17 0HW including your full name, company name, head office address (if known), associated postal addresses (if related), work email address and work telephone number/s (if applicable)
Please do not email us in order to opt out of receiving VS’s marketing communications. VS employs a vigorous spam system and we cannot guarantee that your email will be received.
Please also note that if you fully opt out of marketing communications, VS will be unable to keep you informed about important news, research, case studies or events.
We reserve the right to change our security and privacy policies at any time. Accordingly, we recommend that you check this page periodically in order to review our current policies.
Updating and Correcting Information
You can update and correct your PII by writing to us or contacting us via this website (see the section "How to contact us" below). Please include your full name, company name, work address, and/or work email address when you contact us about updating or correcting your information. VS would encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
Accessing Your Information
We respect your right to enquire about the information that VS holds about you and your organisation. To request these details, please write to our Data Protection Officer at the address below and provide your full name, company name, head office address, other work address (if different to the head office), work email address and work telephone number/s.
To ensure we receive your request, we ask that all Subject Access Requests are made to us in writing, or by completing a Subject Access Request via the ‘Contact Us’ web form on this website.
When we have all the information required to confirm the authenticity of your request, we then need time to process the request. We always aim to respond within 30 calendar days.
PII will only be retained for a reasonable amount of time for the associated use case, unless retention of data is required to comply with legal requirements. All data is deleted in accordance with our standard deletion policy across the business.
How to Contact Us
If you require further information on the way that we use your PII, or if you have any queries or concerns on our use of your PII, please write to:
Chief Compliance Officer
233 Shaftesbury Ave
London WC2H 8EE
You can contact VideoSmart Group‘s Head Office at:
London N17 0HW
T: 020 8376 4300